[wp-forums] Added com vs org warning to the forum welcome

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Thu Mar 10 10:55:32 UTC 2011

on 10/03/2011 10:16 Jane Wells said the following:
<snip>
>  I was forced to eat some serious crow
> after monitoring the @wordpress twitter account.... mentions almost
> universally loved the admin bar, as Matt predicted.

Hmm... Not sure that @wordpress twitter could really be described as a
representative sampling of WP users. Whilst complaints have generally
been low in the forums, I've also seen less than 6 posts actually
praising it. The vast majority seem to be tolerating it on the grounds
of "that's what you get when you update stuff".

If that assessment is correct, then it seems to raise danger flags
regarding future upgrades. Will more people avoid upgrading to 3.2
because they don't want another "surprise" that doesn't come with a
global disable option?

Mel