[wp-forums] Regarding Custom Titles

Chris Kasten handy.solo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 14:05:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Mark Duncan <wp-t31os at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> Personally i don't think we should include roles in the name, such as
> "moderator", "admin" or anything else that indicates a given user has
> special power over others on the forum.
>
> I'd like to see something a little more generic like "Support Volunteer"
> ... it indicates firstly that we're volunteers, secondly describes what
> we're primarily on the forum to do... and both terms are quite universal.

While I'm not really passionate one way or the other, I would lean towards
"Support Volunteer" as well.

Adding specialties to the title is interesting an all but is also an instant
credibility hit if you answer a post not in your specialty. We certainly
don't need that!

[...]

> Of course that's not really an exciting title, and i do enjoy custom names
> (ninja,maven,diva ..etc), but i'm thinking more in terms of how users view
> and interpret what these titles mean. For me, one question remains, what's
> most important here, how cool/fun the titles are for us or how the users
> interpret the title?

+1

- Chris "the fun killer" Kasten ;-)