[wp-forums] Regarding Custom Titles

Mark Duncan wp-t31os at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 21 13:28:47 UTC 2010

Hi to all,

Personally i don't think we should include roles in the name, such as
"moderator", "admin" or anything else that indicates a given user has
special power over others on the forum.

I'd like to see something a little more generic like "Support Volunteer"
... it indicates firstly that we're volunteers, secondly describes what
we're primarily on the forum to do... and both terms are quite universal.

Going a step further a codex entry/sticky/whatever could exist to
clarify exactly what a "Support Volunteer" is.. which to me is simply a
volunteer who offers support but also keeps track of spam, removes
inappropriate posts, etc, etc...

Of course that's not really an exciting title, and i do enjoy custom
names (ninja,maven,diva ..etc), but i'm thinking more in terms of how
users view and interpret what these titles mean. For me, one question
remains, what's most important here, how cool/fun the titles are for us
or how the users interpret the title?

Ultimately, i'm easy, i really don't mind.... just my two pennies .. ;)

Regards,
Mark / t31os