[wp-forums] keeping an eye on this guy

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Fri Sep 3 18:42:05 UTC 2010

It doesn't sound like it, but that particular site has had ... mmm ... They haz the angor with WordPress/Matt/Akismet every now and then.

The plugins they have are all GPL, yes, but you have to pay a subscription fee to get them, and that's always been weird to me. It's not that I mind a subscription fee, it's that $80 or $40 a month for access to plugins that then may also have an extra fee to download has always just been ... well it's more than I pay for web hosting. And I think their target audience is generally NOT the casual blogger at those prices. Which means they're probably not getting much revenue from wp.org anyway.