[wp-forums] Busted Codex Page

Andrea Rennick andrea at ronandandrea.com
Tue Nov 30 18:54:12 UTC 2010

I just want to point out that wildcard subdomains don't have anything to do
with domain mapping. They are two separate things. you can domain map
subfolders blogs and never set up wildcards.

Wildcard subdomains are generally the same everywhere -aside from the
difference in control panel and host. It's an extra server alias is all.

Andrea

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Michael B <miklb.online at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd argue that with the growing influx of users wanting to use multi-site
> and domain mapping, a thorough Codex page for how to configure wildcard
> subdomains would be useful and community driven, vs outdated blog posts
> scattered around the web for older versions of WP(mu) and Plesk.
>
> ~miklb
>

> On Nov 30, 2010, at 9:26 AM, ipstenu at ipstenu.org wrote:
>
> > Gazouteast made a Codex Page "Configuring Wildcard Subdomains for
> WordPress 3+ under Plesk Control Panel"
> >
> > Except since the freakin' page has a + sign in it, MediaWiki barfs. I can
> get to the page here:
> >

> http://codex.wordpress.org/index.php?title=Configuring_Wildcard_Subdomains_for_WordPress_3%2B_under_Plesk_Control_Panel&oldid=94813
> >
> > But I can't edit it or move it.
> >
> > Can someone else?  IMO it should be nuked, since that's not a 'how to for
> WordPress' but a 'How two in general' page.

Andrea Rennick, writer of http://wpmututorials.com
Consulting at http://ronandandrea.com
now with Google Apps action. ;)
Phone: 1-506-276-4856 NA East Coast work hours, Mon-Fri only please