[wp-forums] resolved threads & closing

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 16:20:13 UTC 2010

I'm not sure of the current policy, but at one time it was decided only the original poster should mark a ticket as resolved, as all too often, what may originally appear to solve the issue turns out to not fully fix it or another related issue springs from it.  If a mod marks the thread as resolved and it then gets closed, what happens if the OP comes back in a couple of days once they realize the issue wasn't actually fixed?  They need to start a new thread and try to link to the previous discussion?

I'd simply suggest there be some time frame on closing the thread, ie, marked as resolved && < 5 days since OP commented.  I'm assuming some sort of logic could be written into the plugin being discussed.

Just my 2¢

Michael B
~miklb