[wp-forums] Post editing and removing posts

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Mon Nov 15 14:49:00 UTC 2010

on 15/11/2010 14:38 Mika A Epstein said the following:
> I suspect Otto's point is for crying out loud, people, if you don't
> want the link public, DON'T POST IT!
>
> A serious lack of common sense about how the net works.

So should we recommend that people use something like
<http://www.urlgone.com/>? As there are times when we need to see the
site/problem in order to help them and, from what I recall, bit.ly links
are permanent.

I'm all in favour of discouraging post editing to remove urls if at all
possible. Far too much extra work if people catch on that long-term
editing is available.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net