[wp-forums] PiManIII Always Wants his Topics Deleted

andrea_r andrea at ronandandrea.com
Wed Nov 3 13:39:10 UTC 2010

I'm getting the feeling he doesn't want the linkbacks showing up in the
site's stats.

Which would mean something along the lines of he's doing it for a client
and doesn't want them to find out what he's been asking...

Not our problem. :)

A.

Mark Duncan wrote:
> Maybe we could indorse the use of bit.ly on the forums, for users that
> don't want to post the real URL..
>
> I specifically say bit.ly because you can append the URLs with a + and
> the first page returned by the link tells you where you're going
> before you reach the page(i usually add this to user posted bit.ly
> links that i spot in the forum). However if any other URL shortening
> services provide such a facility then i'm game for other suggestions..
>
> Mark / t31os
>
> On 03/11/2010 12:56, esmi at quirm dot net wrote:
>> on 03/11/2010 07:57 James Huff said the following:
>>
>>> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/moderator-please-remove-these-posts
>> <snip>
>>> Just a general FYI, because I don't know how he'll take my response.
>>
>> I had no idea that he'd asked more than once. Talk about cheeky!
>>
>> I agree with your response. We are not his personal PR clean-up team.
>> Either he figures out a way to obfuscate his site urls or he stops
>> posting them.
>>
>> Simple...
>>
>> Mel

Andrea Rennick, writer of http://wpmututorials.com
Consulting at http://ronandandrea.com
now with Google Apps action. ;)
Phone: 1-506-276-4856 NA East Coast work hours, Mon-Fri only please