[wp-forums] Registration page mock image

Mark / t31os wp-t31os at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 11 16:02:15 UTC 2010

I would like to follow on from the talk yesterday, which did venture
into other discussion relating to rules, registration and guidelines.

I've created an image of how i feel the registration page could look
with a few minor adjustments. I have not yet taken into the
consideration any links to rules or guidelines, i simply want to
visualize an idea of introducting some minor adjustments to the
username, email and websites fields during registration, and moving
around a few pieces of information that already exist (and adding a few
minor additions).

Bear in mind, the work was done in a graphics application, and text i've
placed onto the image does look different to that rendered in the
browser window i used to take a screenshot on the current page.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7517/wpregi.gif

I felt the mailing list information was misplaced at the top of the
registration, so the first thing i did was move this below the
registration fields. In place of this information above the form i've
added a few lines of generic text, and a key explaining that * (starred
fields) are required items.

Following on from the suggestion by Mel yesterday i placed a small note
beside each of the required fields and the website field, the bold text
indicates that it would be linked to a relevant article to explain the
meaning (not all users would know what G rated means, and i wasn't able
to think of a more common).

So, start throwing your critique at me and let's see where we go... :)

Mark