[wp-forums] Profanity in Usernames

Micah Cooksey micah at ronnykathy.com
Thu Mar 11 05:38:22 UTC 2010

I wonder if we could condense the rules down into a really short note
to be included with somewhere in the registration process.  I agree
with you Mark in that it would be pointless to send them a long boring
set of rules they could care less about.  But maybe something like:

Your password is: xxx

Some general guidelines:
Search the codex (codex.wordpress.org) and the forum before posting to
see if yours is a common issue
Don't bump
Be polite and remember everyone helping you is a volunteer and is
thereby helping you for free
Keep it clean - no posting links to adult/inappropriate unless you
give a warning that they are

The complete forum rules may be found here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/68664

Something like that just to give people a general mindset.

I think that going through the rules is an awesome idea, and I love
the idea of centralizing all codex and forum documents and making them
easily findable.

Just my one and a half cents.
Micah Cooksey
micah at ronnykathy.com