[wp-forums] nsfw links

Mark Duncan wp-t31os at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 22 16:40:34 UTC 2010

It's my understanding NSFW is a widely known and recognised acronym,
obviously not everyone knows what it means, and i even struggle with
some i see on a regualr basis, IOW is one i always forget(can't remember
now for the life of me - i'd have to google).

You know what would be quite neat though, would be if the forum wrapped
abbr tags around common web acronyms so when a given acronym is hovered
over the browser reports back an interpretation (would be quite trivial
to add wouldn't it?).

However i do personally think the current tagging is adequate myself,
but obviously if a complaint is received as a direct result of a user
clicking a link to a site they didn't want to see, we could then revisit
the discussion. I can't find any instance where this has caused a
problem for the WP forums, so i'm inclined to think to the current
system works.

I'm pretty sure this is how alot of support forums deal with users
posting links to sites with adult content and although i don't think
it's a bad idea to consider a change in methods (it's only a discussion
after all), i simply don't see a problem with the existing approach.

Mark / t31os