[wp-forums] Ref: Hi Ref: Who is Gisha James

mrmist listswptesters at mist.org.uk
Wed Jul 21 14:13:19 UTC 2010

In message
<AANLkTil4EkMM-xVEDkC8fakNsCWccHgHvLxrDrthRdO8 at mail.gmail.com>, Gisha
James <gsh.james at gmail.com> writes
>To  all who are concerned about this topic,

Concern is perhaps too strong a word, but I have been following the
topic.

I think it is apparent that most of this is a rather large
misunderstanding, and perhaps an exercise in what is considered
appropriate by different people.

As you yourself can tell, you have had some success from your emails,
and some folk have reacted differently.  This is human nature, and we
(the moderators) do not control that.  It is the view of each user as to
whether they feel they have been spammed or not.

Yes the idea of blacklists was mentioned by some folk, but it was
discouraged by others, and those who were putting the idea forward then
changed their minds. This is just discussion.

I have closed the forum thread
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/410471?replies=16 as I do not think
there was any more useful information to be added there.  If you feel
differently, it can be re-opened.  it is not a big deal.

I think that many people would have preferred not to have had this issue
discussed across an open forum, but that is how the original user began
their discussion, and so that was how it was concluded.  This, I think,
is one risk of using cold email tactics, as it will inevitably result in
some degree of unfavourable feedback, no matter how good your intentions
may be.
--
mrmist