[wp-forums] Upgrades to WordPress.org forums

Mark Duncan wp-t31os at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 14 13:50:57 UTC 2010

On 14/07/2010 14:35, Mark Duncan wrote:
> On 10/07/2010 22:56, Michael D Adams wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM, James Huff<macmanx at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 1. In profiles, "Recent Replies" are no longer sorted by most recent
>>> reply. They appear to be sorted by only the initial reply. This will
>>> cause long-term "project" topics to be buried in our profiles.
>>
>> Not fixed - this will take some thinking.
>>

> If you're talking about the regular non BuddyPress profile pages,
> they've never sorted by most recent reply as far as i've observed.
>
> The BB_Query class doesn't really work very well for grabbing post and
> topics in that manner (as far as i can see).
>
> Assuming Michael isn't against using a custom query it could work with
> something like.
>
> Example:
> $recent_replies = $bbdb->get_results("
> SELECT t.topic_title,t.topic_id
> FROM bb_topics t
> JOIN bb_posts pp ON pp.topic_id = t.topic_id
> WHERE EXISTS(
> SELECT p.poster_id FROM bb_posts p WHERE p.poster_id = 1 AND p.topic_id
> = t.topic_id
> )
> GROUP by t.topic_id
> ORDER by t.topic_time DESC
> ");
> NOTE: The poster ID above is just for testing(local install), that would
> obviously need to be the ID of the user whose profile page is being viewed.
>
> I couldn't find any proper docs for the BB_Query class and it's usage
> doesn't appear obvious (maybe i'm not just not pro enough yet), but the
> above seems to be heading in the right direction for grabbing threads
> where a poster has made a reply and sorting my most recent response.
>
> Query has room for refinement i'm sure.
>
> Obviously there are no checks on whether the topics are deleted or
> whether posts are marked as spam, was simply for illustration of how a
> query could pull threads based on last reply. The query does not take
> into account whether the user was the last person to reply.
>
> Couldn't help myself, it's the one thing i've been desperately desiring
> on the forums for some time.
>
> I'm a bbPress novice really (it's still just PHP/MySQL though), very
> little use, so if i'm way off on this, just tell me to shush.
>
> Thought i'd put it out there anyway... :)
>
> Mark / t31os

Tagging a bug report onto the end of the last email.

http://wordpress.org/support/bb-admin/posts.php?post_status=2

To the righthand side of the page the following text is shown when there
are no posts found with the spam status.

"1 to 5 of 5"

I assume that's some reminent of the paging.

Mark / t31os