[wp-forums] Who is Gisha James?

mrmist listswptesters at mist.org.uk
Thu Jul 1 07:30:25 UTC 2010

In message <DBA606BB-3129-4AD6-BA95-3124D3B2DF2D at gmail.com>, James Huff
<macmanx at gmail.com> writes

>Yes, I know we can't do anything about it, but going to these lengths
>to essentially spam your services is highly unethical.

There's been a fair bit of discussion in this thread, but I think you
probably summed it up right here at the start.  There won't be a whole
lot we can do about this.  This particular person is not spamming the
forums, so a forum block would achieve little, her "dubious" activity is
elsewhere on the internet, and "we" are not the internet police.

We could reword the professional services bit in our sticky/forum
welcome message (indeed it needs modification anyway to cover unpaid
professional work) but I personally feel that going much further than
that (such as into public blacklists etc) is perhaps a step too far, and
potentially opens up into worlds of legal issues, which I think would be
best avoided.
--
mrmist