[wp-forums] Ethical practices of consultants

Joni Mueller joni at jonimueller.com
Thu Jul 1 00:35:43 UTC 2010

As a WP Consultant myself, I have a few comments to these, if I may.  See below at JONI. :)

Joni Mueller
Pixelita Designs
http://www.pixelita.com
On Behalf Of James Huff [macmanx at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:21 PM
To: wp-forums at lists.automattic.com
Subject: Re: [wp-forums] Ethical practices of consultants

Very good questions.

Here are my "qualifications" for unethical status:

[snipped]

4. The consultant dramatically increases the final price after the job is finished.
JONI:  Ever hear of "scope creep"?  Need to make clear that the "dramatic" increase in the final price is NOT as a result of the client packing on more work for the web professional.  And "dramatic" increase needs to be defined, perhaps as a percentage (20? 30?) more than the original, agreed-upon price.

My two cents.

[snipped]