[wp-forums] support forum timeouts

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 04:05:26 GMT 2007

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Samuel Bollinger wrote:
>> Is there any chance the timeouts are going to be resolved any time
>> soon on the support site? Traffic is not that heavy any more. It's
>> getting beyond frustrating trying to help folks. Not to mention
>> having to constantly delete multiple topics and posts.
>
> The amount of traffic since 2.1 has overloaded the server, I ordered
> some new ones last week and we're waiting on them to come online. As
> soon as they do, the problem should go away. I'm really sorry, I don't
> think anyone expected this level of traffic after the new release.

Awesome! I can't wait for those new servers to kick in! ;) :)  While on
the discussion of "improvements", have you thought about those proposed
forum changes yet, or.. were you maybe waiting on the new servers to
kick in first.. or..? Also, can you check to make sure my email address
isn't caught in the spam filters, traps or whatever?
"spencerp1 at gmail.com is the address.. I've sent several emails to a few
of the wp- lists and most haven't made it through sigh..

--
spencerp
http://spencerp.net