[wp-forums] Break time

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Sun Apr 15 02:36:41 GMT 2007

From: "Handy" <handy.solo at gmail.com>
> I realize (hope?) that I'm not the only one who keeps an eye on the
Akismet
> queues.  I appear to have developed an obsession.

Though a bit late, know that your obsession to minding the queue has always
been appreciated.  You've certainly brought the issue up a number of times
in previous posts to this email list!

> For instance, I've gotten to the point where I'm making sure I have a
break
> in between meetings every few hours so that I have a chance to check the
> list and release the good posts and delete the spams.  I'm trying to
ensure
> that folks aren't left in the queue for too many hours.  Hell, it's the
> first thing I do in the morning.  I check every few hours throughout the
day
> and it's the last thing I do at night.  That's just... silly.
>
> So I'm quitting cold turkey.  I need to focus on more important stuff and
> nip this silly little obsession.
> I'm not saying I'm quitting mind you.  It seems the way to quit is to just
> stop coming by...  But I'm going to be slowing down for a bit.

Your expertise is needed.  Don't go far ;)

I always like to remind myself that we do this for fun and that it should
never get in the way of real life.

Too bad the Akismet spam can't go from zero to 540 to 0 to 562 to 0 like you
see all the time at wordpress.com  ;)

Regards

MichaelH