[wp-forums] Forums heat map

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:30:55 GMT 2006

On 9/28/06, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:

> Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> > Here's the crazy egg run on the forums:
> >
> > http://photomatt.net/2006/09/27/crazyegging/
>
> Look at the .com heatmap.
> These are users who are much less web-savvy, users who are new to
> blogging and many of the things associated with blogging. Yet the Tags
> there get used. They actually get used a lot. Want to know how to annoy
> .com users? Take them out of the Tag community. They love tags, they use
> tags. The Tags there are prominent.
>
> Look at the .org heatmap
> These are users who may have a tag cloud, who use UTW, who know more
> about blogging. Yet they get a smaller tag cloud tucked over to the side.
>
> So why not put tags there?

Recall how they ended up on the side?

As I recall (and my memory sucks, so bear with me), Kaf came up with a
custom stylesheet that he offered to volunteers.   Maybe 5 months ago?  6?
Along with changing colors, it moved some things around. I think (?) that's
when the tags became a sidebar thing.  The only part I truly recall is just
a day after I made the change with my browser to use Kaf's stuff, his style
became the forum's style.

Who remembers that differently?  Am I close?