[wp-forums] Re version info

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Wed Sep 20 20:10:21 GMT 2006

Vkaryl wrote:
> On 9/20/06, Handy wrote:
>
> This idea just gets my little developer beanie spinning.  An (optional)
> form
> below the new post field.  *shivers with glee*
>
> --------------------------------
> Please fill out as much as you can:
>
> WordPress version:  _____  (check the bottom of any Admin page)
> Web server:  [ ] Apache  [ ] IIS   [ ] other __________
> Web server version: _________
> OS:  [ ] *nix   [ ] windows [ ] *bsd  [ ] mac [ ] other ________
> PHP Version ___________
> MySQL Version __________

"What's apache"

While I think that such information could be useful to the occasional
person I think for most users it'll just confuse.
But what _would_ be cool is if someone could code a little script which
when things get tricky we ask them to upload and run. That way they
don't need to know anything or find it out - esp bearing in mind that
some people just want to change links colours while others want the
earth on a plate.
In fact, if you get to the stage of using this why not rename the Beta
forum to be Advanced and move stuff in there?

P.
and I do know what apache is :)