[wp-forums] The "Changes" - PT2 - Let's get this together..

spencer spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 02:36:58 GMT 2006

> -1 for using the mailing list as the tool for doing this. The list >should
> have been notified on where to go and vote and >discuss this in a more
> appropriate forum. Perhaps this is >something that needs to be developed
> as well.

I know what you're saying on this, just.. how would/could/should go about
doing this? Make a new forum on the support page, called:  Community
Discussion, or WordPress Community Discussion, or.. Community Issues,
Community Feedback, WordPress Talkback, or something of that "nature"?

And have ONLY threads in there, on discussing the "future" of the WordPress
Community itself, helping the community expand, community issues in general,
improvements also?

All other threads will be moved to their right forums.. or [closed], or
what-not, if need be? I think that would/could be a better thing.. rather
then having someone else, start up a whole new board, or forum some where
else.. people would get lost even more..

IMHO, this list fits it's needs though, just..kind of hard when there is
email related problems, sending, recieving, so forth.. people not always
getting their emails like they should, or they coming in late.. or.
possibly even users on here, with invalid email accounts and they are not
getting emails anyway... how would anyone know for sure.. =/

Atleast with the forums, everything is right there in your face, all the
comments, and replies are well grounded to the ONE specific thread
discussion at hand.. it's easier to revert to a reply left in a thread there
also, you don't have to dig through TONS of other email replies to find what
you wanted to comment on.. and what not.. I dunno.. I'll tally up the
current votes, and send it as a new email once.. I already wrote a BOOK
again lol.. sorry..

spencerp