[wp-forums] The "Changes" - PT2 - Let's get this together..

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sat Sep 16 21:07:45 GMT 2006

Michael E. Hancock wrote:
> From: "Podz" <podz at tamba2.org.uk>
>> I asked for feedback because at WordCamp
>> I was told the forums were not friendly to
>> new people
>
> It would be interesting to hear if they made specific complaints.    'Not
> friendly' is pretty broad...
It was a while ago - but it was broadly to have lots more forums, have a
newbie forum, have 'rewards' for answerers, have stars to indicate
status and such.
Now... if the person concerned who made all those suggestions was on
this list then maybe they would have come forward. The fact they haven't
either means they are _really_ shy - or that they were talking and not
prepared to act. If you aren't prepared to act then why should we
listen? (And I made a point of mentioning this list that day).

>> Arguably we are also the wrong people to decide what is
>> and is not good for newbies - we need to ask them.
>
> Since it seems there is only one way for our version of bbpress to collect
> feedback, why not put a sticky thread up so users of the forum can answer,
> "How would you improve the forums?"

phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB
phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB
There you go :)

> With that said, when a customer, new or old, complains about your product,
> it is advantageous to listen and heed them.  If our tools, such as
> pagination of No-Replies and Search (is anyone ever happy with Search?) are
> found to be wanting, it probably makes sense to improve it regardless of who
> makes the complaint.

And that is clearly broken so will be fixed :)