[wp-forums] The "Changes" - PT2 - Let's get this together..

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Sat Sep 16 20:53:52 GMT 2006

From: "Podz" <podz at tamba2.org.uk>
>I asked for feedback because at WordCamp
> I was told the forums were not friendly to
> new people

It would be interesting to hear if they made specific complaints.    'Not
friendly' is pretty broad...

>Arguably we are also the wrong people to decide what is
> and is not good for newbies - we need to ask them.

Since it seems there is only one way for our version of bbpress to collect
feedback, why not put a sticky thread up so users of the forum can answer,
"How would you improve the forums?"

With that said, when a customer, new or old, complains about your product,
it is advantageous to listen and heed them.  If our tools, such as
pagination of No-Replies and Search (is anyone ever happy with Search?) are
found to be wanting, it probably makes sense to improve it regardless of who
makes the complaint.

Regards.

MichaelH