[wp-forums] removing traces... ++ Forum FAQ

spencer spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 15:14:04 GMT 2006

> Yes, but what about people that post something, and in a few months,  they
> move it?  They won't come back to the forums and change it.  And although
> adding that clause somewhere would be *nice* - most of them won't read it
> (or care).

I'll have to agree with that though.. ;) =)

>I mean, how many times have we seen "my sidebar dropped, what do I do?"  I
>see that question a gazillion times a day (why don't we make a sticky at
>the top for that? LOL),

That's why I had made the suggestion waay back, about maybe making forums,
like phpBB did, for the "Knowledge Base". Take ONE good thread, of a
specific problem, with the answer to that specific problem... and put it in
a "Knowledge Base" type of forum(s).

The people could browse there, FIRST, for their specific problems.. and have
the answer to that problem/issue.. in ONE thread.. rather then having to
search through the not so good search feature on the forums..

Example: While in the "Knowledge Base" forum, a user could look through
threads, find the one with the title: [Resolved] Sidebar shifts down in IE,
such and such theme

Clicks on title.. and finds the possible fix in the thread.. and possibly
have various threads in there too, that are inregards to the sidebar
shifting down.. with other fixes also. I dunno though, but..just a thought..
=)

>.and no matter how many times people are told "search is you friend" they
>don't get it.

True also! =)

> I always wondered why we weren't allowed to post code on the forums (I
> mean, you *can*, but I mean "lengthy code")?  Is it just because it's a
> lot to wade through and it doesn't look nice, or is it because it takes up
> a lot of server space?

Because it takes up TOO much thread space, there isn't any need for lengthy
codes in the forum threads, if they atleast can provide a link to their
blog's, most can find the theme's CSS file, using the Firefox.. or IE web
dev tool bar..

It's just a pain in the arse...[sarcasm] scrolling miles [/sarcasm]
downward.. to answer the O.P. =P  Also, sometimes the lengthy codes, screws
up the O.P.'s original thread.. they don't know how to use Backticks.. and
even if they did.. it's usually screwy.. because it's not properly applied..
I dunno though..just my 2 cents.. anyone else on this?

spencerp