[wp-forums] removing traces... ++ Forum FAQ

Shelly foolish.visions at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 13:25:55 GMT 2006

 >>it should stay if possible in order to maintain the most complete
information possible for future readers.<<

Yes, but what about people that post something, and in a few months,
they move it?  They won't come back to the forums and change it.  And
although adding that clause somewhere would be *nice* - most of them
won't read it (or care).  I mean, how many times have we seen "my
sidebar dropped, what d I do?"  I see that question a gazillion times a
day (why don't we make a sticky at the top for that? LOL), and no matter
how many times people are told "search is you friend" they don't get it.

I always wondered why we weren't allowed to post code on the forums (I
mean, you *can*, but I mean "lengthy code")?  Is it just because it's a
lot to wade through and it doesn't look nice, or is it because it takes
up a lot of server space?  It seems to me that it could be allowed if
it's the former, if only to keep important answers "alive" for future
reference.

Just my opinion, though.

As for TinyURL's...I don't know.  What's to prevent spammers from using
them to get people to visit their site, or sending someone to a vicious
website?  Granted, they can do that now with regular URL's...but
TinyURL's - I fear clicking on them - not as obvious as regular ones, I
guess.

Again, just my opinion.

~Shelly