[wp-forums] Managing the no-replies

Petit petit at petitpub.com
Fri Oct 27 10:48:03 GMT 2006

spencerp wrote:
<severely snipped :>
> It IS fun though.. and being an admin, moderator, normal general volunteer helper support person(s) for the World's Greatest Blogging Software, is an awesome feeling too!

+1
> But.. of course.. the disagreeing is a part of discussing it, so, maybe I shouldn't be so emotional, and I shouldn't take things so seriously.. I'll work on handling this better.. ;) =)

<snip>
> spencerp
Dear spence, how true. Once in a while you're a bit emotional.
That's only proves you're human :)

Back on track in this thread and the other one.
Just a little bump, carefully stated as that: "bump", and an a bit harsh
comment turned into a storm here.
Sensible things were said though, so enough already.

For the no-replies thing, which I started, it's no big deal.
o We could leave it where it stands, as no OP will page through
no-replies for an answer.
o Or we could move old ones to a new tag, e.g. "orphanes" ;)
o Or we could decide to archive and kill no-replies older than xx years
or months.

Possible rationals for the last action:
Some old entries are obsolete, as they applies to older versions of WP
Looking at heaps of no-replies may give the wrong impression of the
effectiveness of the forum.

/Petit
PS I hope to be back in the forum when Life allows