[wp-forums] bumping threads with an attitude..

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 01:20:32 GMT 2006

> spencer,
>
> This issue will not be resolved.  No matter how hard volunteers in the forum try to to respond to all new issues, some will not be answered, either for lack of knowledge of the issue, or just missing it.  We can not however take a hard line with the bumps.  We can explain that bumping is not in their
> interest, however that will only be for benefit for others who start threads.  I do not subscribe to harsh responses, or threats to bumping threads.
>
> This however, should not be a defense for the previous discussions regarding bumping and closing of old threads.  I do not see a correlation.
>
> ~miklb

Oh yeah.. I hear you on that.. ;) I guess the reason for the bringing it up, was ... some people's replies to the moderators comments, have been a little on the "testy" side.. Meaning.. they respond with "cocky" type replies.. almost asking for a forum thread battle.. ya know..

And with some of the mods/normal volunteer users, little remarks like that.. would piss someone off, rather then make things go smoothly.. Then of course.. higher up admins and such, are getting emails inregards to moderators/user's responses to such "cocky" type replies..

It's a shame though.. it's a can't win for losing type deal I guess.. Oh well.. guess it's time to get back to walking on egg shells again... =P

spencerp