[wp-forums] Akismet spam

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 16:02:13 GMT 2006

I'm on the fence on this one...

Here's part of the deal:  I work the spam queue at least twice a day, if not
more.  It blocks a lot more than what you currently see there.  However,
some of the ones still in the spam queue have a bit more to explain .

Some users, for whatever reason, might get all their initial posts marked as
spam.  They post, don't see it, post again (repeatedly in some cases).  When
that happens, I'll mark one as "not spam" but just leave the rest in there.
99% of the time after I mark a few as not spam the user will be able to post
just fine in the future.  But that leaves a bunch of valid looking posts in
the queue.

Sometimes those posts still in the queue get marked as "not spam" by another
mod.  Then the user gets modlook'd as a dupe!  Yikes.  ;-)

That kinda comes back to why I've suggested letting us Delete from the
queue...  I can mark them as not spam, then delete them, but I imagine that
doesn't help Akismet at all.