[wp-forums] Akismet spam

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:46:55 GMT 2006

This is not meant as a flame of the decision to use Akismet in the forums,
simply an observation.  I just looked through the 3 most recent pages of
spam, and found several posts that absolutely do not look like spam.  Sure,
there are several posts from the same user that do, but it is of my opinion
that the previous system of manual deleting/blocking handled that as
efficiently.  I was told when Akismet was implemented that it would "learn",
and there would be far fewer false positives.  I don't see that.  Insomuch
that akismet could quite be an effective measure on blog spam, is it all
possible that's it not quite ready for prime time in a forum such as wp
support?

Michael