[wp-forums] Re: "flower power" spammer..

Petit petit at petitpub.com
Sun Jul 16 20:22:39 GMT 2006

Craig wrote:
> Makes me think that like you see in many forums, there should be a way
> for ordinary users to flag spam. Perhaps it should also autmagically
> email a distribution list of moderators or post here to this mailing
> list. "Modlook" tag is fine, but why not a "spam" tag? Likely I missed
> an earlier conversation on this topic, so if it's been discussed to
> death already, then please feel free to ignore this and move on to the
> next subject! :^)
>
> Many hands make light work.
As I seem to recall it has been suggested before, and I agree that some
automagic notice to the mods
would be good. As spencerp pointed out, spammy and offensive posts to
the forum sometimes linger
and may be read by to many, bringing to some the wrong impression of how
things work here.
Not only will such posts be read, I'd add, but they may get too many off
matter responses.

That said, I recognize that not being a mod myself, I don't know if this
would make sense.
Moderators may have all the tools they need, maybe a "Modlook" search is
enough.

/Petit