[wp-forums] Installing for free && RE: [wp-forums] New Forum

Christopher J. Hradil chradil at comcast.net
Thu Jul 13 18:28:57 GMT 2006

ditto, I'd also like to add the following thoughts, if you really read my
post here yesterday, you should understand that I wasn't trying to be
critical of those of you involved in the install4free project, merely point
out the fact that it's really important that anything that any of us do
regarding WP needs to be marketed and presented properly. We don't (or at
least I don't) want to see the WP project become controversial in any way as
far as "market" or "consumer" perception, as new users come along, the first
and clearest message they should get about any WP activity is "best of
breed". In the long run, whether our personal objectives be financial or
otherwise, it's that perception of the WP product and community that's going
to have the greatest impact on long term success.

For well over a year now, I've been pushing all of my personal clients with
"blog" or lite CMS needs to WP. Some had/have previous relationships with
MT/TP and have been very resistant to change. I've tried to explain to many
of them that one of the major differences between something like MT/TP and
WP is that since it's a community developed and supported project, and since
the support and development communities are so dedicated, active and strong,
WP is a sound environment or platform to build on, and that something like
MT because it's a commercial product is completely unpredictable in terms of
what direction things could take at any moment. -- did you all see this
today: http://wisdump.com/business/sixapart-abandons-their-last-fans/

Just one more illustration of the fact that there's a tremendous opportunity
for WP to gain even more widespread acceptance based on the strength of it's
community and quality of the product. So once again I'll state -- the more
WP blogs/forums/support sites the better. The success of each individual's
efforts outside the WP forums or codex or dev communities will depend on the
quality of the content they provide or can add to the community and nothing
else.

Let's all keep our focus on doing what we can to improve or contribute to
the success and adoption of WP instead of worrying about who set up what
site, etc.

BTW, I thought that Adminstry/DP was banned a while back ?

Christopher J. Hradil
chradil at comcast.net
http://www.hradil.us
973-809-4606