[wp-forums] Installing for free

Craig nuclearmoose at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 17:58:22 GMT 2006

First of all, you folks involved with the install4free effort are to
be commended. I lurked through the discussions and the exchanges and,
knowing many of you, I fully understand how your intent was/is
laudible. You put a lot of yourselves into the project, and your goal
was simply to provide a service to some in the community who need it.
This is a demonstration of the power of community spirit.

The reaction to all of this is obviously frustrating. Given the amount
of work put into this, it's natural to take this "rejection" or
"distrust" personally. I am guilty of that myself, as a past moderator
in the forums. However, I urge you all to step back for a bit, and not
let this get to you. This effort is NOT in vain, and your time was not
wasted. Keep plugging away at it. There are always lessons to be
learned, so all you can do is pause, take a deep breath, and jump back
into the foray.

I applaud you all; you are all fine examples of what open source is
meant to be, so I encourage you to see this only as an interuption,
and not a cessation of the initiative.

WordPress owes its success to the support forums. It's the dirtiest
job, and the one that is given the least amount of respect. It's not
sexy like coding, it's simply roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-at-it kind
of work.

Thank you, mods and forum supporters for your continued work.

Craig.
Nuclear Moose.