[wp-forums] Lazy language / Jargon

Moshu moshu at transycan.net
Thu Jan 12 21:55:38 GMT 2006

1. Guilty as charged for several "lol"s...

2. I never favoured any kind of language censorship/filter.
(maybe because I've lived and worked as a journalist under _real_
dictatorship and censorship...)

3. Les' suggestion: "a good idea to phrase any answers in such a way
as to restate the question" -seems reasonable in regard to chat-like
abbreviations.

4. Jargon... yes, it's very relative. And subjective, too. I don't
think we have to do anything about it.
(However, I consider the f!@#$ing 4-letter words not jargon - just
awfully bad taste and style. We could warn and delete those.)

5. The most recent event in this line is this, which can raise the
hell of the PC (=politically correct).
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/55407?replies=12#post-305390
Maybe it was a mistake to respond - but the linguist in me (that's my
basic education) came out...

moshu