[wp-forums] Nobody owns my images

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Mon Feb 20 09:26:24 GMT 2006

Petit wrote:
> I have sifted through some documents at the Apache site and googled
> around, but I cannot find any references to a solution. If someone know
> a solution to the problem, we should be able to help people on the
> support forum when the question comes up.

It is almost always possible to move them.
So if a file is not wanted anymore, create a dump folder '/dump' and
move everything into that with the ftp client.
When it is full enough, ask your host to nuke it. From their point it is
much easier to nuke one folder that you have uniquely named than giving
them a list of this that and the other.

The above works - I've used it on a host before.
And this issue of file ownership is not limited to WP. Gallery programs
can have the same problems.

P.