[wp-forums] My forum username is not linked

spencer spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 14:12:32 GMT 2006

> Over a month ago I posted this on the forums, but it got no replies so
> I've decided to ask here, as it would probably be better to ask here
> anyway.
>
> I was just wondering why in a thread so many users have links to their
> website on their username but on my posts it doesn't! Sorry if I am being
> unclear. Next to my posts it lists the username JeremyVisser followed by
> the word "Member". If I click the word Member I get to my forum profile
> and it lists my site there.
>
> Is it because I haven't made enough posts? Or is it because a moderator
> needs to enable it? Or is it to do with the age of the account? Spencerp
> has not had an account for as long as me and he gets linked on his
> username.
>
> It's not really that important (and it won't improve my PageRank, I know
> that), but it does look link of ugly in a thread with every username
> except mine being blue and mine being black.
>
> --
> Jeremy Visser

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing myself actually.. =/  I thought
maybe it had to do with that change, Matt had done to the forums.. to help
keep the "spammers" from gaining PR from Google or whatever.. but, I could
be wrong.. =/

It also *might* have to do with how active you were, *before* and such.. I
dunno.. there for a while, "we" had a rash of users from waaay back...come
back and start posting *more* then usually... and they seem to be spamming,
rather then doing anything else..

It's all hard to say though Jeremy.. =/  It would be nice if some how, all
this could/would be fixed though.. ;) =)  Thanks for choosing me as an
example though.. hahaha.. =P  (Stands up, and takes a bow to the audience)..
ok, I'm sitting down now.. =P

spencerp