[wp-forums] RTFM.

wws words with style wordswithstyle at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:03:37 GMT 2005

Whilst, in general, I agree with you Podz, in many instances, a codex
link is the most applicable response. "MySQL Error 28", "Headers Not
Sent", "Referrers not enabled", these are easily and much more
suitably addressed with a link to the codex.

There are instances where the codex isn't the best place to look but
there are many people who are unaware that it exists. It is still a
helpful response to let people aware that there is this giant resource
that they can turn to.

> "any links to Codex (except for VERY clearly stepped answers) should be supplementary to what you type. They should not be the only thing you write. And don't diss other users"
I agree totally.

The problem isn't being directed to the codex. The main problem is a
lazy response where all people are given are a RTFM.