[wp-forums] Consider this a formal request

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Thu Jul 7 00:36:06 GMT 2005

On Jul 5, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Michael B wrote:
>    1.  When clicking on profile, threads replied, show both your last
> activity as well as any activity.

Recently checked into bbPress:
Profile:
     Recent Replies - sorts by most recent reply of user in
question.  Also shows topic freshness.
     Threads Started - sorts by start date.  Also shows freshness.
     Alternative sorting may be implemented in the future.

     Favorites - custom RSS feed that combines replies to all of the
topics you select.  New feature.  Let me know if it's broken.
Currently limited to something like 40 topics; add too many topics
and it will start bumping off the first ones you put in.  Also,
because of the way the feed handles sending out the data, your feed
might not update when you add favorite topics (so you might not see
old posts come through the feed right away).  It _will_ (or is
designed to, anyway) update when a new post is posted to one of those
favorite topics.

     Ah yes - about the new RSS links.  I've set them up in the
(controversial) feed:http://example.com/rss format.  Matt, if you're
listening, you can easily change this by removing the obvious
filter.  You can still, naturally, copy and paste the link into your
favorite feed reader.

Globally:
     Topics which are closed are so noted.
     Stickies can now be styled differently (you'll have to talk to
Matt about actually _getting_ them styled differently on wp/forums,
though).

Barring unforeseen calamities, those will go live when Matt updates.

>    2.  If not for everyone, those who do either belong to this list,
> or some other way of determining (there was the talk of another level)
> show more than currently the number of threads recently replied to.

Pagination is planned, but it will be a bit.

Thanks,
Michael
--mdawaffe