[wp-forums] Tidying tags

TechGnome tg at tannagh.com
Thu Dec 29 14:18:02 GMT 2005

Podz wrote:

>Scott Merrill wrote:
>

>>Podz wrote:
>>

>>>error (858 posts)
>>>help (367)
>>>mysql (255)
>>>

>>I think this is a legitimate tag.
>>

>>>new (129)
>>>php (348)
>>>

>>this, too, is probably a legit tag.
>>

>>>problem (374)
>>>tags (203)
>>>wordpress (363)
>>>

>>The others appear useless, but the context of their posts might prove me
>>wrong.
>>

>So keep all but error, help, new ?

I agree- "help" "error" & "new" as tags are useless. A new what? was it
about making a new page? A new database? A new install? "New" is
useless. Same goes for "error". What kind of error? Database? 404? 500?
Maybe if there was some sort of mechanism that could do some cross
referencing on the tags. Example: I click "error"... in addition to the
results now returned, have a new tag cloud that shows the rankings of
others tags that also had "error" as a tag. Then if I click into
"Database" it could further refine it to posts with "error" and
"database" as tags.... and so on. Allowing for a finer and finer drill
down. It would certanly make it easier for some one like me who wants to
help but has a very narrow field of opportunity (I'm good with
databases, not so good w/ PHP).

-tg