[wp-forums] tag cloud

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Wed Dec 28 22:58:58 GMT 2005

Scott Merrill wrote:
> I don't like the tag cloud much.  It wastes a lot of space above the
> fold.  I accept that it's here to stay.
>
> Can we at least make the tag cloud combine singular and plural versions
> of the same word into a single tag display?

This has been mentioned before, but I cannot find where.
I agree, as I do with the other post ideas - someone else must have
noticed that we are getting new questions being written into old posts
simply because people cannot figure out where to post. They have even
asked how to do it.
Scroll down, click, scroll down, post.
No icons, no signposts, just the "Web2.0" tags.
While I don't think it's harming, I do think it could do with improving.
I was hoping that bbPress - and therefore the forum code - would get
some coding love once WP2 was out of the door.

My point would be that while tags are indeed "Web2.0" the people who
understand that are not the people who use our forums. It is their needs
we should cater to as best we can. And as much as they are here to stay,
I don't think we should be teaching people.

All that said, I do still like them to home in on certain issues. Just a
bit lower down though ... or on the side ....

P.