[wp-forums] tag cloud

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Wed Dec 28 21:53:38 GMT 2005

I don't like the tag cloud much.  It wastes a lot of space above the
fold.  I accept that it's here to stay.

Can we at least make the tag cloud combine singular and plural versions
of the same word into a single tag display?

Right now, we have the following tags:
category
categories
comment
comments
link
links
page
pages
theme
themes

That's half a dozen conceptually duplicated tags.  If we could
consolidate by word stem in some way, we could either show a more
smaller precise tag cloud, or include a couple of other terms in the
cloud that are being pushed out currently.

Since we're dealing with a fairly limited lexicon for WordPress, I think
we could safely experiment with combining these plurals with their
singulars.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35