[wp-forums] probably depends on server setup -

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Tue Dec 20 00:06:02 GMT 2005

Podz wrote:
> Vicki Frei wrote:
>
>>I have servers where 666 works fine, and others where only 777 works.
>>

> So WordPress is now saying that a CORE feature will not work unless your
> directory is writable - which could be 777.
> That's nice.
> You think users will ftp in, chmod, backup, chmod, close ftp ?
> And here was me thinking that this feature would make a bloggers life
> easier.

Hey, let's look at the bright side: we found out about this _before_ the
release, so we have time to prepare, and hopefully to make a change.
Even if we can't make a change this close to release, we're still
prepared.  I'm glad Matt gave us the heads-up.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35