Re: Re: [wp-forums] Search - nicely hidden...

tg at tannagh.com tg at tannagh.com
Tue Aug 23 12:42:01 GMT 2005

Ick! On the WP front page (http://wordpress.org) it's in the upper
extreme right, and yes, it does look out of place.

But in the forums, it's now down at the bottom? And it seems to blend in
too. I agree that I'd like to see the side bar utilized a little more
too. Maybe put the search back at the top along with a little blurb
about searching before posting (maybe even a link to the Codex on how
to effectively search - sometimes in addition to knowing how to search,
sometimes the key is to know WHAT to search for, maybe suggest certain
keywords for certain problems (having this problem? Search for these
words), and maybe links to some pre-canned, commonly searched for items
- adsense? creating a theme? etc.)

I also wonder if the tag list that's at the top now, could be moved over
there? It does take a conciderable amount of space. - just out of
curiosity, does any one have any idea on how often those are actualy
used? I've only used them a couple of times, but mostly out of
curiosity.

Tg