[wp-edu] Two questions, even referring to doc is helpful

Laverty, Patrick Patrick_Laverty at brown.edu
Wed Feb 17 15:43:54 UTC 2010

I am using WPMU 2.8.6 on my own server.

First, is there a plugin for this?

Anyone know if there's a plugin for this? Or an easy setting? When users
currently log in to my system, they get the "Your Profile" page.
Instead, I want them to get to the /wp-admin/index.php?page=myblogs
view.

Second, how do I create blogs without using the dashboard?

Shouldn't this work? I have my own php script where I am trying to
create a blog using the wpmu_create_blog function. I use:

$domain = "******.brown.edu";
$path = "blogs/abc123";
$user_id = 107;
$title = "A new blog";
$meta = Array("public"=>1);

wpmu_create_blog($domain, $path, $title, $user_id, $meta = '', $site_id
= 1);

But when I run it, I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_action() in
/opt/local/apache2/htdocs/blogs/wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php on line
1781

So I look at that line in the code and I see:

It is true that add_action() is not defined in this file, but it is
defined in plugin.php. I see the doc for add_action, but am I supposed
to link up wpmu_create_blog with add_action? Is that how this is
supposed to work?

I'm looking through the Codex for how to create blogs. Anyone got it
bookmarked or something?