[wp-edu] Two questions, even referring to doc is helpful

Robert Moore robertmooreweb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 01:10:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Laverty, Patrick <
Patrick_Laverty at brown.edu> wrote:

>  I am using WPMU 2.8.6 on my own server.
>

> First, is there a plugin for this?
>

> Anyone know if there's a plugin for this? Or an easy setting? When users
> currently log in to my system, they get the "Your Profile" page. Instead, I
> want them to get to the /wp-admin/index.php?page=myblogs view.

This plugin *might* help:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/peters-login-redirect/

Not sure if it can do what you want or if it even works with mu.

http://vogsphere.org/redirecting-wordpress-subscribers/

That is possibly a better solution if you have the knowledge to create your
own plugin and put in the business rules regarding the redirect (if the user
is just a subscriber and doesn't have any blogs then the myblogs view
probably isn't suitable and the default profile page might be ok?).

> Second, how do I create blogs without using the dashboard?
>

> Shouldn't this work? I have my own php script where I am trying to create a
> blog using the wpmu_create_blog function. I use:
>
> It is true that add_action() is not defined in this file, but it is defined
> in plugin.php. I see the doc for add_action, but am I supposed to link up
> wpmu_create_blog with add_action? Is that how this is supposed to work?

What files are you including above the call to wpmu_create_blog?

If you only included the file that that function is within then the
add_action function within another file won't be included. Instead you
should probably include the wp-load.php file in the root wordpress folder.

--
Robert Moore
0400 7777 63