[wp-docs] Edit / review request for Codex pages merge

Rami Abraham r at rami.nu
Thu Jul 18 15:01:10 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm working on merging two codex pages. I figured I'd stop waiting on
adopted page buddies, since they appear to be busy, and make this request
for review / edits on what I have thus far:

This edit merges two pages:

1. http://codex.wordpress.org/New_To_WordPress_-_Where_to_Start

2. http://codex.wordpress.org/Getting_Started_with_WordPress

Into one page:
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Ramiabraham/Getting_Started_with_WordPress

The primary reason for the merge is that both pages are focused on
providing *pre-installation* information, and much of the content is the
same between the two disparate pages. No content has been omitted from
either page, but more information and clarity has been added in various
areas.

At the end of the page, we could then link to the page detailing *
post-installation* information:

http://codex.wordpress.org/First_Steps_With_WordPress

I'll be on #wordpress-sfd as well today. Thanks everyone!

Thanks,

Rami
@ramiabraham