[wp-docs] Should change_post_object_label() be in Codex?

Drew xoodrew at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 16:56:02 UTC 2012

I think this brings to light sort of a fair question. Should the Codex
consist only of officially supported functionality?

post_is_in_descendant_category() springs to mind. It's provided as an
example in the in_category()<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/in_category#post_is_in_descendant_category_function>article.
Do we pull it out or leave it in as an alternative, unsupported
function?

Drew

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM, John Blackbourn <johnbillion at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 11 November 2012 14:06, Manuel Schmalstieg <webdev at ms-studio.net>
> wrote:
> > There are some functions for that, change_post_object_label() and
> > change_post_menu_label().
> >
> > Is there any reason why this information isn't in the Codex?
>
> Neither of these functions are present in WordPress. They are
> functions that people have written themselves and posted to the sites
> you linked to. There is no reason they would be on the Codex.
>
> John

"News is something someone wants suppressed. Everything else is just
advertising."
-- Lord Northcliff <http://www.timberlinegardens.com>