[wp-docs] Links to commercial solutions

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 01:14:51 UTC 2011

Just to clarify as that was taken a bit out of context, links to commercial
sites for the purpose of commercial link juice, credit, sales, marketing,
etc, anything that could be seen as an endorsement for them or by WordPress
is prohibited.

A fantastic article that helps spell out the details of the Codex article
on a site that isn't selling "commercial content" other than hosting
advertising and such (normal stuff) more than producing free, "open
source," shared content is allowed as it is considered external reference
material. These are set usually in the "More Resources" section not within
the Codex article.

Personally, I have REALLY high standards for including those as they have
to be "timeless" in quality. I want that article to still have value 3
years from now and not turn into a dead link we have to check and clean up.

Anything fish, spammy, scammy, or violating the WordPress Trademark are not
allowed, such as sites with WordPress in their domain name.

I like to think about it from my own site perspective. I like running a
"class act" and if I wouldn't put it on my site, why would I want it on the
Codex. :D

Lorelle