[wp-docs] Links to commercial solutions

John Blackbourn johnbillion at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 00:27:01 UTC 2011

On 7 November 2011 23:53, scribu <scribu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are links to commercial solutions allowed in the Codex at all?
>
> The instance that got me thinking of this was links to ManageWP in several
> pages related to Multisite. For example:
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_Multiple_Blogs#Other_Resources

This was brought up a while ago [1] with regard to links to commercial
training resources [2].

Quote from Lorelle [3]:

"In general, we link to individual articles on sites that might be
considered commercial by the strictest sense as they host advertising
or sponsored content. Individual articles may be acceptable if they
meet our case by case requirements for "quality," integrity and
durability, as well as appropriate helpfulness. But we don't link to
entire sites, not allow one site to have a majority of links in the
Codex."

[1] http://lists.automattic.com/pipermail/wp-docs/2011-August/002578.html
[2] http://codex.wordpress.org/Talk:WordPress_Quick_Start_Guide#Need_help_.2F_guidelines_about_commercial_content
[3] http://lists.automattic.com/pipermail/wp-docs/2011-August/002581.html