[wp-docs] codex spam

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 16:42:28 UTC 2010

I've just tried a gentler approach. I've protected and locked the page
so that only admins can edit it. This presents a couple of problems
but I think we can handle them.

1. Can you forward the information to Jane or Matt about contacting
this guy (not sure exactly who is the "right" person but they will
know - if they aren't monitoring the discussion right now) so they can
let him know that his efforts are not appreciated and need to stop.
Maybe a bigger hammer will work. And maybe they can block his site or
IP or something, since this dude is seriously determined.

2. I'll post something on the translation mailing list about this page
to have them contact us if they have something to add or fix on the
page. It is a nuisance, but some of them may have admin status and can
edit in spite of us, which would be fine. We need to make sure that
the "leaders" of the translation group have admin access accordingly.

Thanks again for keeping an eye on this. What a pain. Amazing that
this guy is SO determined to spam, when there isn't a single WordPress
subject on his site, however, I don't want to give him credit for
determination. I want him to STOP as it is clearly a time waster for
all of us, especially you. Thanks so much for staying on top of this!
You rock!!!

Lorelle