[wp-docs] codex spam

John O'Nolan john.wp at onolan.org
Thu Nov 4 17:04:36 UTC 2010

He is an SEO spammer, and sadly this is how they all operate.
Bolstering links into "trusted" sites is a strategy to increase their
Google pagerank. Any sort of wiki is a target - and he's easily
identified by his amateurish spammy source code:

http://cl.ly/36Im

The simplest way to get rid of him would be to automatically add
rel="nofollow" to all external anchor tags inside the codex. To an SEO
spammer this eliminates any link value which he's hoping to generate,
so there's just no point continuing to do it :)

John