[wp-docs] outdated /obsolete pages

andrea_r andrea at ronandandrea.com
Sun May 16 19:57:33 UTC 2010

mrmist wrote:
> Yeah I was rather just pondering in general.. I expect though in most
> cases there's no reason to keep the outdated stuff.
>
> Of course in other places we have specifically maintained pages that
> talk about particular versions of the product. (E.G compatible themes,
> release info)  They might be candidates for a tag (or deletion)..
Agreed, and to continue the pondering, what tipped me over was the page
specifically stated what you had to hack in core.

And now, the mantra "don't hack core" is everywhere. ;)

There's a whole pile of WPMU-specific pages in the codex that were added
quite a while back. Most of them definitely need to stay there for
anyone still on older versions, but there are the odd ones that just
don't really make sense to keep any more (and a few that were sketchy to
include in the first place). Especially since in this particular case,
if someone wanted to know how to do that thing that were on these pages
and were on the versions that needed those hacks, I'd rather encourage
them to upgrade, you know?

A.